Variety with Strawberry Tree Farms: Best Lasagna Soup
Here's another "keeper" dish (from Taste of Home) that everyone raves about, then, either it's never heard from again because we move on to newer keepers and forget how good it was, or because of demand we make it over and over and even though it is always raved about, we, frankly get tired of it. Our gourmet herbs, spices and seasonings help you add variety without changing the underlying basics that make the dish a keeper in the first place. Here's how and why it works in a recipe for Best Lasagna Soup that calls for both Garlic Cloves and Italian Seasoning.
Unlike most off the shelf Italian seasonings we do not use Marjoram as a substitute for oregano, nor Savory as a substitute for pepper. There is some sodium but no sugar and no MSG. To kick up a notch another great recipe we are going to suggest you substitute our Italian Seasonings from our collection of gourmet herbs, spices and seasonings; Italian Olive Garlic and Italian Bread Dipping Blend. In addition, you can substitute a heaping teaspoon of our GoGo Garlic which is not garlic salt or powder but real dehydrated garlic. This will give you 3 variations on the Best Lasagna Soup from Taste of Home.
Here are the ingredients(from A Taste of Home recipe), substitutions and directions:
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Substitutions for Variations from our gourmet herbs, spices & seasonings
- Substitute the Strawberry Tree Farms Italian Bread Dipping Blend Italian Seasoning for the off the shelf Italian seasoning
- Substitute the Strawberry Tree Farms Italian Olive Garlic Seasoning for the off the shelf Italian seasoning
- Substitute the Strawberry Tree Farms GoGo Garlic, pure dehydrated garlic, one heaping teaspoon per clove of minced.