Taco Lasagna our Gourmet way.
We made the Taco Lasagne pictured with gluten free lasagne pasta and it was outstanding, so delicious...Taco Lasagna, the way we do it at Strawberry Tree Farms, great recipe from, again, Ashley the Recipe Rebel that we have kicked up with our own Strawberry Tree Farms Gourmet Taco Taco Seasoning and Go-Go GarlicIngredients
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Strawberry Tree Farms Gourmet taco taco seasoning
- 1 heaping teaspoon Strawberry Tree Farms Go-Go garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups tomato sauce plain, no salt added (400ml)
- 1 3/4 cups mild chunky salsa (400ml) or hot
- 12 Catelli Express Lasagne Noodles
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- sour cream, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, etc, for serving as desired
In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, green pepper and onion until beef is browned and vegetables have softened (10-15 minutes).
Add the taco seasoning, garlic and salt and cook 1 minute.
Stir in the tomato sauce and salsa, and cook over medium-heat for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9×13″ pan. Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan, then top with 3 lasagna noodles. Top with ¼ of the remaining sauce, and 1 cup of cheese.
Repeat layers 3 more times for 4 layers total. End with remaining sauce and cheese on top.
Just before baking, carefully pour ¼ cup water around the edges of the noodles in the pan (not on top of the cheese) — this will help to cook the noodles and keep the lasagna moist! Spray a piece of tin foil with non stick spray and place (spray side down) on the lasagna. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Uncover the lasagna and bake 8-10 more minutes, until thickened and bubbly and cheese has browned slightly. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.