Greek-Style Asparagus, Feta & Polenta Pie
More of our seasonings as "Tools of Creativity." This is adapted from Jenn Segal of Once Upon a Chef. She says, "Inspired by a recipe from Diana Henry Jenn said "Think of this dish as a cross between baked polenta, a quiche, and a frittata."
Here, in addition to adding Gianelli sausage, we made it with asparagus instead of spinach, and substituted our gourmet Go-G0 Garlic and gourmet Dill'ers Choice as seasonings. This kicked it up a notch because of our seasonings. In the Dill'ers Choice: Dill, lemon peel, onion, parsley & black pepper. Of course, our famous best selling Go-Go Garlic, pure crushed garlic (not salt or powder) with hint of minced parsley and minced onion is description defyingly delicious.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces asparagus cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 large eggs
- Gianelli sausage - 1 patty per person
- 2/3 cup plain Non-Fat Greek yogurt (low-fat & whole-milk works too)
- 1/4 cup instant polenta
- 1 heaping tsp Strawberry Tree Farms Go-Go Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons Strawberry Tree Farms Dill'ers Choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Grease a 1.5-qt baking dish (mine is an oval that measures about 9 x 7 inches) or 9-inch pie pan with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook, tossing frequently, do not over cook, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, polenta, garlic, salt and pepper; whisk until smooth. Add the feta, Pecorino Romano, and dill, and whisk until evenly combined. Stir in the cooked asparagus.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish or pie pan, and bake until just set and puffed, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature
- While dish is baking, cook sausage in separate pan and add at table