Easy, delicious Potato Leek Soup...all sous cheffed for you...for February 4th, National Soup Day
Here's all you need:
1 package of Strawberry Tree Farms Creamy Idaho Potato Homestyle Soup, which contains dehydrated onion, tomato, carrots, parsley
4 Leeks chopped and washed thoroughly
5-6 TBS unsalted butter
2 capfuls of Strawberry Tree Farms GoGo Garlic
2 capfuls Strawberry Tree Farms Roasted Onion Delight
1 package of precooked real chopped bacon. We used the 3.5oz Hormel
4 cups of water
2 cups of chicken broth
Here's all you do:
1.Cut the dark ends and roots off the leeks. Halve Leeks lengthwise, chop thinly and wash thoroughly in large bowl of water.
2. In large pot melt the butter, drain leeks, add to butter and sauté until wilted, about 4-6 minutes.
3. Add the 4 cups of water, use an immersion blender to puree the leeks
4. Add the 2 cups of chicken broth, whisk in the soup mixture until the cream base dissolves.
5. Bring to a boil, stir in the chopped bacon, Strawberry Tree Farms GoGo Garlic and Roasted Onion Delight
6. Cook uncovered on low medium for 30 minutes, stir occasionally to avoid overflow. Then serve it and enjoy the compliments