Salmon Steaks with Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
Our version adapted from the Weber "time to Grill" Cookbook. We substituted Strawberry Tree Farms Gourmet Pepper Spice, which includes salt, for the crushed red pepper flakes and kosher salt. Having had it both ways, we definitely thought it was more flavorful with our Gourmet Pepper Spice.
- 1 TBS red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 3/4 tsp Gourmet Pepper Spice from Strawberry Tree Farms
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 TBS sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained, patted dry and roughly chopped
- 4 salmon steaks, 6 - 8 ounces each ( about 1" thick)
Here's what we did:
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over high heat (450 - 550F)
- In bowl whisk vinegar, oregano, gourmet pepper spice. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup oil. Stir in the sun - dried tomatoes, set aside until ready to use
- Brush salmon on both sides with oil and season evenly with kosher salt and pepper.
- Grill salmon over direct high heat, with lid closed as much as possible, 6 - 8 minutes (until you can lift steaks off without sticking). Turn steaks over and cook to your level of doneness, 2 - 3 minutes for medium rare.
- Transfer each salmon steak to a dinner plate, spoon dressing over the top and serve right away.
Our Vegetable side:
- 16 oz package of steamable butternut squash & spinach with red onion and cranberries in garlic herb sauce, cooked in microwave according to package directions. They were delicious with the Gourmet Pepper Spice sprinkled on them.