Variety with Strawberry Tree Farms: Slow Cooker Pizza
Here's another "keeper" dish (from Taste of Home) that everyone raves about, then, either it's never heard from again because we move on to newer keepers and forget how good it was, or because of demand we make it over and over and even though it is always raved about, we, frankly get tired of it. Our gourmet herbs, spices and seasonings help you add variety without changing the underlying basics that make the dish a keeper in the first place. Here's how and why it works in a recipe for Slow Cooker Pizza by Julie Sterchi from Jackson, Missouri that calls for both Onion and Italian Seasoning.
Unlike most off the shelf Italian seasonings we do not use Marjoram as a substitute for oregano, nor Savory as a substitute for pepper. There is some sodium but no sugar and no MSG. To kick up a notch another great recipe here we are going to suggest you substitute our Italian Seasonings from our collection of gourmet herbs, spices and seasonings; Italian Olive Garlic and Italian Bread Dipping Blend. In addition, you can substitute a heaping Tablespoon of our Gourmet Roasted Onion Delight for a special roasted onion aroma and flavor. This will give you great variety on Slow Cooker Pizza from Taste of Home
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, spread a third of the meat sauce. Cover with a third each of the noodles and pepperoni. Sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat layers twice. Press down to compact.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Use either Italian Bread Dipping Blend or Italian Olive Garlic from Strawberry Tree Farms
- For onion use heaping tablespoon of Roasted Onion Delight from Strawberry Tree Farms.