Eggplant Zucchini Bolognese
To kick up a notch another great recipe here we are going to suggest you substitute our Italian Seasonings from our collection of gourmet herbs, spices and seasonings; Italian Olive Garlic and GoGo Garlic.
This is from Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho, posted in A Taste of Home. Here we have made it, substituting some of our gourmet seasonings. Turned out great...
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 capfuls of Strawberry Tree Farms GoGo Garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon Strawberry Tree Farms Italian Olive Garlic seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.(like Trish, roast the veggies while the pasta cooks, makes it a quick dish).
- In a large bowl, combine the eggplant, zucchini, squash, onion, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato puree, Italian seasoning and brown sugar.
- Drain pasta; stir in tomato mixture and roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.