Shredded Chicken Tacos
It serves 6, Lynn and I got 2 hearty meals out of it.
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 - 2 chipotle chiles canned in adobo
- 2 heaping tsp of Strawberry Tree Farms GoGo Garlic
- 1capful of Strawberry Tree Farms Taco Taco Gourmet Seasoning
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp Strawberry Tree farms Gourmet Pepper Spice, which includes salt, 9 different kinds of pepper and other gourmet spices.
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 12 - 6" corn tortillas, warmed
- 3/4 cup crumbled quest fresco
- 2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In a blender combine tomatoes, broth, chipotle, GoGo Garlic and Taco Taco Seasoning. Cover and blend until smooth
- Season chicken with Gourmet Pep[per Spice. Select SAUTE on Instant Pot and adjust to NORMAL. Heat oil in pot, add chicken and cook for 2 - 3 minutes per side until browned. Add the blended tomato mixture. Press CANCEL. Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve.
- Select MANUAL and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. When cooking complete, use a natural release to depressurize. Press CANCEL. Use tongs to remove chicken to a cutting board; red chicken with a fork.
- For a thicker sauce, select SAUTE and adjust to NORMAL. Bring sauce to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes to reduce, stirring frequently. Add shredded chicken to pot; heat through. Press CANCEL.
Serve chicken mixture in tortillas topped with quest fresco and cilantro, with lime wedges. We had it with refried beans and garden salad. Delicious!!