Variety with Strawberry Tree Farms: Pizza Meat Loaf Cups
Susan Wollin, Marshall, Wisconsin, who submitted this to A Taste of Home says..."Fix and freeze these moist little meat loaves packed with pizza flavor. They're great to reheat for an after-school snack or quick dinner on soccer night. My family likes to drizzle extra pizza sauce on top. "
In addition to substituting our Italian Olive Garlic gourmet seasoning for their off the shelf Italian Seasoning, we have also added our Sassie Salsa and Very Very Veggie gourmet seasonings, to really take this dish to another level. Also, one person said they substituted sweet Chili sauce for the pizza sauce. I'm sure that was delicious as well, but there's no doubt our Sassie Salsa and Very Very Veggie along with the Italian Olive Garlic make this dish unique in a complex, flavor-intense serving of unexpected taste palette delight.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Strawberry Tree Farms Italian Olive Garlic Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Strawberry Tree Farms Sassie Salsa gourmet seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Strawberry Tree Farms Very Very Veggie gourmet seasoning
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Optional: Additional pizza sauce and basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix first 6 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Divide into 12 portions; press each onto the bottom and up sides of a greased muffin cup. Add cheese to centers.
- Bake until meat is cooked through, 15-18 minutes. If desired, top with additional sauce and basil before serving.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat loaves in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through.